Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Country Coach Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2016, 04:37 AM   #141

I don't know how far they go back but call or email with the last six of your vin number and if they have it you will get a bunch of info.

Bo Vongamath
Technical Service Advisor
Gillig
25800 Clawiter Road
Hayward, CA 94545
Phone: 510-264-5077
Fax: 510-785-1348
Bo.Vongamath@gillig.com
mike brez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2016, 07:23 AM   #142

I seem to recall a switch in ours someplace that changes alarm operation to arm just the outside.

There is a motion sensor inside so alarm on while in use would be an issue.

That switch may disable interior parts of the alarm.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:42 PM   #143

I was reading your post,where are you located?I have #4002 cc se.pictures?Wish i had found this forum earlier.thanks albatross 86
Albatross86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:05 AM   #144

New to this forum also,I own an 86 SE the hood latch and alarm .I do not have the key for it.good luck with your CC.
Albatross86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #145

I just bought a 1989 CC Concept. I have only had it a couple weeks. I bought in in Palm Springs and drove it 3200km to my home in Alberta. The coach works and looks great. I am very happy with it and hope I bought a great coach. I have every manual going for this coach so if anyone needs info I may have it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1159.PNG
Views:	156
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	132004  
Bootjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 02:24 PM   #146

2000 Affinity Bed and Breakfast. Still solid. Upgraded interior a bit. Flat screen TV s. Replaced compudigital dash with the Silver leaf Dash. New Garmin GPS built in
Affinityfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 04:09 PM   #147

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandec View Post
On my 1994-5 Magna Gillig with a Cummins C8.3L the cruise control is a King Controls and the Accelerator Pedal is an Air Throttle.

Try this web site: Cruise Controls for Diesel engines.

I do not know what the Concept used.
Cruise control issue is resolved. Turns out we have an electronic cruise control managed by a DECC attached to our Detroit Diesel engine. We finally found a service center that had the sense (3 previous tech shops did not) to contact Gillig and obtain the wiring diagram that included the cruise control. With that in hand, the tech was able to see the correct wiring #s from the dash switches to the DECC and it's now working. We highly recommend Colton Truck Terminal Garage in Redlands, CA. They know what they are doing with our older coach and are willing to go the extra mile to troubleshoot/resolve issues. Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions.
Old 07-04-2016, 07:09 PM   #148

I can also say that Colton Truck Terminal Garage are great to deal with. On my way back to Alberta just after buying my 89 CCC I stopped at Coltons to see if they could check my alt to see if I was charging and to look at the cooling system because my gauge was reading high in the cab . I had no appointment and just drooped in . They asked me to park out back and they would come take a look. A few min later one of the guys came out and checked both systems for me. There was a heat wave on and I was on the 15 to Vegas during mid day ( yes not to smart ) the coach shut off because it was getting hot. It was in drive when it shut down and of course once it cooled I couldn't restart it because it was in drive. You need 100 lbs of air to shift it and I was below that. There I was stuck in drive on ther side of the 15 in 120 degree heat. I called Colton and they were able to direct me under the coach and shift it in neutral by hand. Then I could restart and be on my way. They also lety me know if I was going drive in those high temps I needed to make sure I was turning the coach at high RPM in order to keep it cool . They are great guys and saved me a lot of time and money. I was just about to call for a tow and that would have been the start of a nightmare. I highly recommend this shop
Bootjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #149
DTS

I love hearing all these great reports about Colton Truck, it makes me feel good that I have one of the highly regarded Country Coach service centers only a couple miles from home. I have an appointment for next week for them to do a complete chassis and drivetrain inspection on my 98 Intrigue. I'm looking forward to a positive experience with them thanks to all the great feedback here.
1998 Country Coach 40' Intrigue #10544
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:34 AM   #150

Forest River Owners Club
Dusty. I'm about to ask my mechanic to to a full mechanical inspection and would appreciate any kind of a check list you or Colton will be using. Would be very helpful to be sure we don't miss anything on our elderly coaches
Thanks. Perhaps you could post for all to benefit.
Mike. 96 Intrigue. 150,000 miles owned 17 yrs. great coach.
Jag73e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #151

I find that greasing and changing fluids and filters on my rig gives me a lot of exposure to the chassis and drive train components.

But, there are things I cannot do or do not understand.

So I had OMC do the following last summer:

Service the Air Dryer and inspect components.
Grease the front wheel bearings and inspect.
Change the rear differential fluid.
Do a chassis inspection.

They did find some bushings that needed attention at 97,000 miles.
The front brakes were nearly virgin.
One front wheel bearing was nearly toast.

The total cost was about $1,300 for a full day's work and materials.

This was the first time the front wheel bearings had been serviced since birth.
1995 38' CC Magna #5280 **** Sold after 21 years of enjoyment.
deandec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:11 PM   #152

Here is a recent shot of my 2000 CC Magna:

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender-3 (2).jpg
Views:	183
Size:	126.5 KB
ID:	132540FullSizeRender-3 (2).jpg
Old 07-10-2016, 01:20 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimSullivan View Post
Here is a recent shot of my 2000 CC Magna:

Attachment 132540FullSizeRender-3 (2).jpg
Still a regal looking coach, and classic CC!!!!

Smitty
Smitty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #154

1989 Country Coach Sedona Mark V

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ60 View Post
There are many recent model CC on the forum, but I have only seen a couple from the older generation.

We have a 1989 Savannah and would like to know how many other units from the same era on the gillig 3208 chassis are still active.
We own a
1989 Country Coach Sedona Mark V, Diesel Pusher 36' 9" long, since July 2006.
pasmurf3 is offline   Reply With Quote