Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2017, 05:33 AM   #57

That is a very nice rig! We have a very similar floorpan and interior, and love it. However, I'd strongly recommend a long test drive. I know the Cats are strong engines, but 350hp with that box seems like it might disappoint you in the mountains or if you plan to pull anything heavy. It is certainly worth a look for such a clean rig.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2017, 06:47 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckiii2 View Post
This one seams like a decent price?
https://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/5990794069.html
I prefer more of a bend to get in/out of the cab from/to the house part.

This one looks like one has to get on their hands and knees to pass through.

But for this price, I would go against my desires and just use the cab doors and house doors I guess....hoping it is not raining....
FireEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #59

Any comments or ideas on a what is called level 2? Basically just have to build out the inside. That might be an option for me. That way I could build it with the wheelchair accessible shower, toilet and wider doors. Man if I win the Powerball Saturday I AM buying a International Lonestar Conversion. That rig is awesome. Dreams
Buckiii2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #60

Hi Everyone! I am new to this forum and I posted a question last evening but I think it was in the wrong category! Sorry! I purchased a 2006 Renegade Garage unit on a Freightliner Columbia chassis, dual rear axles, 45' long. Does anyone happen to know the approximate weight of this vehicle? Just a ballpark and I know that depending on how much you have on board will alter the actual weight. Thank you!
Renegade PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 09:05 AM   #61

Renegade MPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
Series 60 Detroit 515hp. ZF Meritor 12 speed. 7mpg by the display. Haven't computed the actual economy.
I have a 06 Renegade garage unit, 450 Mercedes and got 8.13 MPG actual mileage running anywhere from 65-75 mph. Runs like a champ!
Renegade PB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 10:08 AM   #62

Renegade PB, no idea how much yours might weigh. I have a 36' single screw that weighs 29k lbs. It's real easy to drive onto the scale at a Pilot/Flying J and they'll talk to you on the intercom. Then you pull off when they tell you to and go inside and pay like about $9 and get a nice printout of each scale (front axle and rear dual axles).

Do you know there is also a Facebook group for Truck Conversions? Search there for "Truck Conversion Motorhomes."
Old 06-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #63

If you have your build number, you can call renegade and they will tell you what it weighs. Typically the build number is on or in the owner's manual. May also be on the inside of a galley cabinet door.
Old 06-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob86ZZ4 View Post
Do you know there is also a Facebook group for Truck Conversions? Search there for "Truck Conversion Motorhomes."
Bob, do you know if I have to signup for Facebook to look and subscribe to these groups ?

I don't really want the drama that seems to come with Facebook
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 12:43 PM   #65

So first thing to break.. Somehow I snapped a piece of plastic off the fridge door. The door with the flap on it.. Figured out how to take that part off and switch the plastic bits.. There are 2 parts that hold the flap to the door.. And a 2 screw part in the middle. Found replacements on amazon.. Ordered 2. I'll try and post pictures.
deputybubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:52 PM   #66

I have enjoyed reading this thread so much. You all are a wealth of knowledge. We are getting ready to dip our toes in the RV pool and really love the Renegade, trying to decide what we need vs what we want. I am staying tuned. Thanks again.
Smmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 05:35 PM   #67

A Renegade for your first motorhome? I am impressed!!! I don't think you will be sorry. Go for it maybe even sooner than later.
Old 07-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #68

Do you think that's too ambitious? I read about folks owning numerous rigs over the years and i don't want to necessarily do that, if i can avoid it. I'd rather save up, do my research, visit shows and then pull the trigger. I have a tendency to research too thoroughly and have to watch i don't waste too much time doing that LOL.
Smmast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:07 PM   #69

IMHO, it's not overly ambitious but wise. Most folks look for price first, apparently you appreciate value.

I say "go for it".
Ziggy8321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 12:41 PM   #70

Newmar Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
I am looking at Renegades right now and would sure like to get feed back from owners of the good, bad, like and dislikes.

Thank you

Ed
I always loved the Renegades and planned on getting one....then 4 months ago started to seriously look at them as it was time to buy....and I read this article that says REV group ,the same REV group who produce "the High-line American Coach"...Now that's what they say they are A "High-line Company" bought the company that makes The Renegade..
that did it for me....I already had one of their High-line pieces of ****...no more for me.....had to move on...
chuckster52 is offline   Reply With Quote