Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Renegade Motorhome Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #1

Renegade Owners

I am looking at Renegades right now and would sure like to get feed back from owners of the good, bad, like and dislikes.

Thank you

Ed
Ed S is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2009, 10:34 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ed,
I do not own one but looked and drove a few before buying my Dip. I must say for me I would have prefered the Renegade but I got such a good deal on mine I couldn't pass it up.

I drove the big 4 slide with a 515 Detroit and 13 speed and it has an insane amount of power. It is after all a truck, twin screws in back, much better brakes, and can pull 30k lbs all day long. I thought they were very well built and drove like a sports car compared to my coach.

The cons,
Not much basement storage as there are no pass throughs and the turning radius is not as tight but still fairly good. I think this might be a problem for someone full timing but I suppose you could pull a house with you. Some people told me there wasn't a good resale on them due to a limited market, but I would think that for be a long term purchase.

I guess in short I would of bought the Renegade if I had the funds.
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Jason

2008 Monaco Diplomat SKQ
Serpa69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:41 PM   #3

Jason, Thank you for your thoughts on the Renegade. I have not driven one yet but have looked at a couple and I think you are right on regarding the resale but because they a more solid and heavy duty I would think we would own for many years. Based on our needs a Renegade with a garage would work out well provided it meets our required floor plan.
Ed
Old 09-15-2009, 03:53 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The ride wasn't bad at all. The garage is nice but the one draw back was the main bed became a bunk bed above the garage. I would maybe consider pulling a trailer behind it, which I was planning to do.

2008 Monaco Diplomat SKQ
Serpa69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #5

Oh no Jason, the one I looked at a 2010 had a nice master bedroom in front of the garage with a nice bath and living area. Two slides and set up real nice but so was the price. Plenty of living space for the wife and I along with guests. A real sweet set up, just gotta sell my Endeavor.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #6

We own a Renegade

Hi:

We just got out of yacht ownership and went right for the best....Renegade. We researched all motorhomes like crazy and these are the things we found. Renegade is...
strongest
long lasting
customized
smooth
AAAAAWWWWsome SERVICE dept
great price
get what you pay for

We have had a 45 foot,Volvo 485 made last october. We designed it with a small garage, 5 foot, that can be used for anything. We did not like the cheapness of the class a and found that for the same price we could get the strength and awesome look of the truck conversion. WE LOVE it...

If we can help in any way....just ask..

Rick and Jane Yocum
beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #7

Rick and Jane, you should come to the www.hdtrally.com in Kansas this October. I'm going and hoping to get as many truck conversions there as we can. I love truck conversions.
Bob86ZZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:15 PM   #8

Just a quick addition from a Renegade owner. I just sold a Renegade garage model, a 2003, 45 footer, Columbia with at 445 Cat C12. Great motorhome and no problem selling it. I think it took 6 weeks. Yes, the market is limited, but there are folks who want them. Now have my second Renegade, a 45 footer with three slides and much more living room. We love it, too. Nothing drives like an over-the-road chassis.
gmbroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 12:28 PM   #9

Yes, this thread started a long time ago. Ed S bought a very nice Renegade garage coach. I've seen it. He's got a great setup for his needs. I sold my Allegro gas class A back in '09 and bought a Truck Conversion and love it. I don't foresee ever going back to a class A.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #10

Boy, this is a old tread. Just so happens I am looking at having another Renegade built.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:45 AM   #11

Hi again:

Was great to pull into a campground next to a brother in rving. Never had that before. Hope all is well with the dogs. Thank you for showing us your baby by the way.

Building another one? Well I know you can't get any bigger, so what are you doing different on the inside?

Also have another question, did you own a class a prior to the renegade? If so, pros cons....Rick is contemplating selling our beast for a smoother ride and better turning ratio with maybe a little smaller body. We are not totally sold on the whole idea but now doing alot of research. Any input?
beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #12

Yes, that has never happened to me before either at a campground. Pleasure meeting you as well!!

Yes, you can build them a little long if so desired but would like another slide in the bedroom and little more counter space up front. Not sure what we will do and when since as you know prices just keep going up.

Yes, I had a 2006 class A diesal pusher 40 ft. Think I will send you a pm on my thoughts regarding that.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1378499719
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo door.JPG
Views:	915
Size:	149.8 KB
ID:	45552  
Old 09-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #13

Great picture.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:58 AM   #14

Tiffin Owners Club
We're looking into getting a Renegade over a Thor Outlaw. However, the price is a bit steep for a newbie like me. Would you recommend cutting my teeth on an Outlaw or go straight for the Renegade. From what I've seen/heard/read, Renegade is the rig to buy. Thoughts??
BeerLover80 is offline   Reply With Quote