Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class A Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #43

We own a 1998 Overland Loredo and we have over our stove a control panel which has a switch on it for a unit that is between our tanks like a blanket which operates on 12v and heats the tanks. Hope this helps.
chuccaojai is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2013, 12:58 PM   #44

Has anyone found a good source for replacement parts. Need a door hing and a window washer arm. We are very happy with our coach but find it difficult to get some of the parts we need. Most parts are industry standard which i'm tankful for.
chuccaojai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 03:58 PM   #45

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Don and Anita:

I don't if you saw my posting that we would not be able to attend the Perry, GA rally because of a prior commitment but I do hope some of this group will meet up there. Since we are in SC the trip to GA would be great for us. Disappointed.

Thanks for sending our email addresses and I look forward to hearing from the group.

I sent an email a couple of days ago to IRV2 (tech support) in hopes it would get sent to the right person indicating an interest in setting up an Overland Owners Group but have not heard back from them.

I hope we get to meet some other "Overlanders" on the road at some point but now enjoy reading the posts!
HC-1 phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:23 PM   #46

Overland Owners Club
I would also like to part of the Overland club. Send info how to join
goose55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #47

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by goose55 View Post
I would also like to part of the Overland club. Send info how to join
Goose55

Private message me with your e-mail address and I'll forward it to the club secretary.
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 09:27 AM   #48

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuccaojai View Post
Has anyone found a good source for replacement parts. Need a door hing and a window washer arm. We are very happy with our coach but find it difficult to get some of the parts we need. Most parts are industry standard which i'm tankful for.
Which door hinge? Entry door, cabinet door, etc.?

Window washer arms etc. can often be found at places that own or service buses, or even a local big truck garage.
Old 12-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #49

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuccaojai View Post
We own a 1998 Overland Loredo and we have over our stove a control panel which has a switch on it for a unit that is between our tanks like a blanket which operates on 12v and heats the tanks. Hope this helps.
Is it a red "light-up" switch? We have one on the far right of our over stove contorls. I suspected it was for the tank heat (if I have one), but was never sure.

I have not "climbed in" to look for a blanket-like heater or such.

Our tanks generally set empty and we have furnace and space heaters to keep them warm.

Thanks
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 12:25 PM   #50

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
We now have nine people on this thread who own Overlands. (10 if frEEk bought) I sent another email. This time to the web administrator about starting the Overland Owners Group. I just saw a post that irv2 is having their annual rally from September 14 through 20th of 2014 at Myrtle Beach, SC. We have made a reservation. We will be at site I-61. If anyone on this thread is attending, please let us know!

I have not heard from the National Group yet after Don and Anita sent in our email addresses. Will keep you posted.
Old 01-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #51

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
I got a short reply from the Club secretary that they are out of town. She will be sending out info when they get back home.
Old 01-02-2014, 03:08 PM   #52

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
Below is an email about our requested Overland Owners Group:

Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2014 8:26 PM
To: georgesscooters@sc.rr.com
Subject: [iRV2 #BOT-915-85075]: iRV2 Forums Contact Us Form - Overland Owners Group

Hi Kathryn,

I'm the administrator that communicated to the group regarding an Owner's Forum vs an Owner's Group. Members cannot create iRV2 Forums or Groups. The Group designation is in the process of being created & it requires more than 1 person to make the connections on the website to have it display properly. Please be patient. I will make a post once the Group name (with Overland logo) is ready for selection.

Please be aware the Group is just a designation for members to display under their campfires. It is not a Forum. You will continue to user the iRV2 General Discussion, Travel Trailer or Fifth Wheel Forums (or others) as appropriate for your discussions.

Best Regards,
Lori-The Social Knowledge Support Team

Ticket Details

Ticket ID: BOT-915-85075
Department: iRV2.com
Type: Issue
Closed
Priority: Medium

Support Center: http://www.socialknowledge.com/support/index.php?/irv2

I was hoping for a Overland Owners Group so we could find one another under the Owners Forum tag but we will see what they plan to do.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:30 PM   #53

Freightliner Owners Club
Overland Owners Club
Just some more information about our coaches...........

Hot and cold water piping.

Been having cold temps here (in the 10's and near 0) for the last week. Hot and cold water to the passenger dose (shower and kitchen sink) have been freezing over night. No issues last year, but this year is being a pain.

Made it up to 35 yesterday, with a big, cold snow storm due to hit in the afternoon. Wild chills forecast to -35 (burrrrrrrrrr).

Bought a new 24' long heat tape for the hot/cold supply to the passenger side. Spent about 4 hours getting it run.

The lines run along the basement floor, rear side of the fresh water tank, directly in front of the rear tires/axel. About an 10" x 10" space the full width on the Rv. Half that area to get the tape and hands into and no access along the way. Had to take the dump bay apart (wall) to get access to drivers side, where the water comes in. Wound the tape around one end of the pipes (PEX), pulled it across using rope and then pushed it down the length of the pipes using a piece of corner trim, pulling it snug as I went. Ended up with a nice spiral of heat tape around the pipes. Finished up by running up the pipes to the floor at the shower. Some new insulation to cover it and a hole to run the power cord to basement to a plug.

Rebuilt the dump bay wall and closed things up. We will see how it does.

On a lighter note, I sat my slinky hose/fittings on top of the tanks while the dump bay wall was apart. I left them on the tanks when I put the wall back together. I "think" I can get them out via the basement with a little finagling and a screw on a board. But that will be in the spring!

Sunday:
Down to about 10 last night with 20 mph winds and dry snow. Couple of inches on the ground, drifting snow everywhere and still coming down.
Pipes didn't freeze up, so I did good.
Cougarkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:34 PM   #54

Overland Owners Group

I was notified two days ago by IRV2 Support that an Overland Owners Group has been formed within the website, but it will be a few days before anything will show up here. I am not sure if that includes an entry on the list of Owner Forums, but that is what I wanted to happen when I requested it 3 or 4 months ago. Keep listening . . . .

Grzly03, moved to Apple Valley, CA.
Grzly03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:02 PM   #55

Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
Overland Owners Club
iRV2 Forums - Overland Owners group

The above link is the new group for Overland. We joined but could not find it under forums.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:19 AM   #56

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC-1 phil View Post
iRV2 Forums - Overland Owners group

The above link is the new group for Overland. We joined but could not find it under forums.

The attached image shows most of what the Owners Group amounts to. A "badge" in your signature. There is also a listing in the Owner's Club Groups . I don't know if there is a way to "notify" group members or not. Still trying to figure it out.
Attached Images

Tags
georgie boy