Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2016, 09:01 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River HELP!

On June 14, a large truck failed to slow for stopped traffic and shoved a Chevy Tahoe into our Forester 2501 TS. We were not hurt, but there was severe damage to the right side fender and door. A second hit put a hole in the side of the “house”, just behind the bathroom sink. The vanity cabinet was destroyed and some of the wall studs broken and bent. The rig is a 2015 model with fewer than 11,000 miles on it.
This happened in Milwaukee, WI. We live in Sparks, NV, and were on our way home when this happened. Incredibly, the toad was not touched! We had to empty the motor home and rent a U-Haul trailer to return to Sparks.
The rig spent a month at a CW before they decided they could not repair it. It was then taken to a shop in Joliet, IL who does have the facility to do the repairs. It has been there now for over three weeks. Repairs have not been started because the shop is unable to get a “build sheet” from Forest River so they can identify what repair parts are need and order them. I have been in touch with Russ Stull in Parts, but he says he is unable to get the documents. We are now going on 10 weeks and nothing has been done!
I think someone at Forest River monitors this forum and I hope they can help with contact information of someone who can point us in the right direction
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0505.JPG
Views:	218
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	137037  
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 07:59 AM   #2

Since you are hoping to catch the eye of FR employees, I would join the Forest River forum and ask around there. They are on that site.
www.forestriverforums.com
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #3

Thank goodness you are both ok. Sorry to hear about this terrible accident. Does insurance come into play? (I'm surprised the insco doesn't total it out.)
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 06:26 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Insurance

The unit is too new and valuable to total it. Wisconsin requires more than 70% of its value to total. My selling dealer, Mike Thompson in SOCAL has some contacts at the factory -- we'll see what he can come up with. Wish us luck!
Ustamiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:59 PM   #5

I had a similar problem but not nearly as severe. Took a ridiculously long time to find out the part was not available. I ended up having to do a fiberglass repair on the broken part. Forest River no help at all. Good luck.
taz6759 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 03:07 PM   #6

One thing to consider. Sitting in Joliet, it is only about 2.5 hours drive to the factory. An RV delivery company from Elkhart could probably back-haul it after dropping an RV off in Joliet. I'm assuming it is at Rick's RV (Jayco).
Snowman9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:52 PM   #7

Try an email to Mike Jankowski at FR. mjankowski@forestriverinc.com

Technically he handles Forester division warranty issues but he may be able to help you get the info you're looking for. I've had good luck getting wiring diagrams and other info for mine when requested. If he can't help you he can probably tell you who you should contact.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:45 AM   #8
Official iRV2 Sponsor

I don't know what your current situation is on your RV, but I completely agree that if it's already in Joliet, you wold be best off sending it right back to Forest River and let them do the fix.
I was a factory service tech at Jayco for years before coming over to Equalizer Systems, and there we had access to so much more than any dealership shop ever could for large jobs like a sidewall replacement. Most dealer shops will try to re-skin the wall, when what it most likely needs is to be completely replaced.
Hopefully you are able to get your coach repaired and back on the road soon!
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote