Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > iRV2.com General Discussion
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2017, 09:42 PM   #1

Going to possibly renovate the RV in S CA

Been thinking of selling my 2013 Excursion 33A but may just renovate it with new floors, add some storage cabs, remove the couch and put in recliners and a few other things. This way it will feel like we have a new RV without buying a new one. Ours is in great shape but need to shake it up a bit.

I have contacted this company https://ocrvcenter.com/rv-repair-rv-...ing-corona-ca/ and will be going by with the RV and they will sit down and help us design what we want it to end up like. Anybody ever used them? Anybody have any other referrals to get a quote from in the OC or RIV County areas? You can PM me any info if you prefer not to share in here.

I have a friend who does this kind of stuff all the time but he does it himself. I would screw it all up if I did it myself.

Who else has done this -vs- going to go buy a new RV? Worth it??? It will put a crimp in things if they need it for long but I can't believe they need it for that long as we aren't gutting the RV.

Opinions or suggestions would be great. Thanks
Excursion 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2017, 08:28 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Try RV Service Reviews

Ask around for recommendations if you don't see what you are looking for.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:39 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Your 2013 is too old? If I had your money I would just buy new every 3 or 4 years. I'm just messin' with ya!

I thought it took a couple years just to get the new coach fixed.

Good luck with the reno.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:48 AM   #4

Smart move! As you mentioned, this way you get to have the RV set up the way you want and save the money you would loose in trading in and buying a new one. Tell the DW that you are a genius because someone on the forum said so!

P.S. We will be renovating our MH later this year. New flooring, new wall hugging recliner & sofa, and new window treatments. Maybe even one of those fancy electric fireplaces with a TV on a power riser in back. Not sure about changing to a residential fridge yet.
Sandy Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Swede View Post
Smart move! As you mentioned, this way you get to have the RV set up the way you want and save the money you would loose in trading in and buying a new one. Tell the DW that you are a genius because someone on the forum said so!

P.S. We will be renovating our MH later this year. New flooring, new wall hugging recliner & sofa, and new window treatments. Maybe even one of those fancy electric fireplaces with a TV on a power riser in back. Not sure about changing to a residential fridge yet.
LOL...Thank you
Old 04-02-2017, 09:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
Try RV Service Reviews

Ask around for recommendations if you don't see what you are looking for.
Thanks....they get excellent reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcnewbie View Post
Your 2013 is too old? If I had your money I would just buy new every 3 or 4 years. I'm just messin' with ya!

I thought it took a couple years just to get the new coach fixed.

Good luck with the reno.
Thanks....it isn't messed up by any means. Just want a different setup and don't particularly like the flooring.

I bought it in 2012 so we Are in to it for 5 years now.
Old 04-03-2017, 09:18 AM   #7

You can probably do the renovations for about the cost of the sales tax on a new one.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #8

Well, that didn't go as planned. They came out and met with us after we drove there. They took no measurements, quoted me $25K on a new tile floor (ahhhh, no). Still waiting for my email quote....lol

Seriously, I was not impressed and will be waiting a long time for a quote I am sure....lol

If you claim to be customer service oriented and are a truly custom shop how about taking some friggin measurements or a least some notes. I bet I know why no measurements were taken.....because it indicates the company is NOT truly a custom shop. Buying stuff off the shelf and then hanging it doesn't make it custom. Measuring and building to the specific application to what the CUSTOMER wants and installing it makes it custom.

Also, try not talking to your customer like they are stupid for even considering a new RV -vs- a renovation. For goodness sakes.

WOW! What a waste of time for me to actually give them MY TIME. I am very busy and went out of my way to go by their shop with my RV.